Sony Pictures Imageworks
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
We are seeking a VFX Editor to join the team at ILM Vancouver. The VFX Editor sets up and completes all editorial work as requested from a Supervisor, Lead Editor or Production on feature or episodic projects.
What You'll Do
• Communicate with client editorial team, maintain client cut with latest changes and internal versions from multiple artist disciplines.
• Assist in preparing sequences for client review on a weekly basis.
• QC and ingest plates and on-set reference material provided by clients and scan facility.
• Maintain the in-house editorial database (Shotgun) tracking render lengths and adjusting cut lengths according to client updates for assigned show(s).
• Output visual and audio references of client cuts for artist and production use.
• Provide line-up information for retimes and/or post-moves to artists and supervisors.
• QC Editorial client deliverables and prepare avid media for upload.
• Import consolidated media from client.
• Manage assistant editor(s), delegating tasks and mentoring new skills.
• Show wrap-up duties including various archiving tasks and editing finals and awards reels.
• Perform special projects under the supervision of the Lead Editor, production manager or VFX Supervisor, including show or bidding reels.
What We're Looking For
• 3+ years experience as a VFX Editor in a Production and VFX facility environment.
• Previous experience with Avid Media Composer.
• Strong understanding of a visual effects pipeline and team structure.
• Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules.
• Strong team player with excellent communication skills.
• Comprehensive understanding of editorial materials and workflows (e.g., formats, codecs, transcoding, exporting etc).
• Previous experience with Shotgun.
• Strong desire to edit creatively.
• Nice to have:
• Adobe Premiere Pro
• DaVinci Resolve
• Microsoft Excel
• Command-line environments (ie: Linux)
• 3D Stereo experience
• Experience with ingesting performance capture and witness cameras
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx364o-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.