Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Industrial Light & Magic, Ltd, Vancouver, Production Assistant is an entry-level position that provides administrative and backup support to the production team while providing an opportunity to learn about the production environment and process at ILM. They can be temporary positions but may evolve into longer term roles.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Assists and supports the Producer, Production Manager and Production Coordinators in day to day activities, general production errands and tasks on assigned projects.
• Runs dailies sessions, notifies crew of dailies time and location. Arrives prior to the crew, pulls shots up for Dailies from the server, tracks down and contacts Artists to ensure they are present and on time. Acts as assistant to the Production Coordinator to help follow up on items after dailies.
• Assist Entering Client and/or Dailies Notes into Prodcast.
• Maintain crew lists and current information for Production web page.
• Speederbike & Deliver - uploads/downloads of client media + running deliver & sends for client reviews.
• Creates, updates and maintains VFX show calendar including dailies, meetings, ergos, etc.
• Food, Meals, and Craft Service: Shop, deliver, and maintain supply of snack foods and drinks for crew of 25-50. Responsible for the ordering, delivery, and clean up of meals as needed. Also tasked with conceiving, ordering, delivery and set up of thematic crew parties and ergo breaks as needed. On a rotation with the entire PA team to manage orders, reception, distribution and clean-up of overtime (OT) meals to crew working late and weekends.
• Shipping and receiving: Includes miscellaneous production correspondence; shipping and tracking video and other of items to and from ILM; and maintenance of complete shipping log for tracking and archival purposes.
• Maintains and distributes storyboard shot boards updates to appropriate personnel, inputs notes, and assignees into database. Maintains updated storyboard shot boards printouts on walls and schedules.
• Maintain and order supplies in production office, handle administrative tasks such as scheduling meeting rooms, screening rooms, contacting personnel for meetings.
• Collects, manages petty cash, receipts as well as expense reports, works with VFX Production Accountant to keep expenses updated.
• Bachelor's degree in film production or equivalent preferred.
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
• Hungry to learn the ropes of VFX production.
• Tech savvy.
• Team player with a positive attitude.
• Preferred technical knowledge and ability in Linux and Windows to run programs for dailies and other meetings.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.