Simon & Schuster
London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This entry-level position provides administrative and backup assistance to the production team while providing an opportunity to learn about the production environment and process at ILM.
A passion for film and TV VFX creation and the ability to organize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment will be key attributes as a Production Assistant.
• Assist the Production team in day to day activities, assist in production errands and tasks, and be the go-to for general needs to the entire crew.
• Technical Assistance: Will need some technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with the crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings.
• Conference room / virtual meeting set-up and troubleshooting.
• Manage cc lists for reviews, shot notifications, tools updates, etc.
• Meeting Setup: PA will notify the crew of all meeting/review times and locations (and making sure they attend), prepping the review playlists, and possibly taking notes.
• Act as assistant to the CG Coordinators/Managers to help follow up on items after various meetings.
• Internal Tracking Database: Will assist CG Coordinators in making sure internal tracking tools are up to date.
• Schedule and Shot Tracking: Assist the Production Coordinators and Managers in making sure the physical schedule boards are up to date and all VFX elements are accounted for (matching the Internal Tracking Database).
• Show Schedule: Oversees overall show calendar, keeping everyone on the same page of what’s happening on a daily basis (dailies, meetings, client reviews, etc)
• Contact Information: Maintain internal crew and client contact information, all internal email aliases for the show, and show webpage.
• As part of the Production Team, assist with organizing and set up of thematic crew parties and ergo breaks as and when needed.
• Shipping and receiving (digital): Oversee the delivering and receiving all files used between clients, external vendors, and internal crew at various locations. Keep a meticulous account of all files transferred.
• Shipping and receiving (practical): Actively prep, ship, receive and keep a detailed account of all models, props, and media drives shared between various contacts.
• Office maintenance: Organize the production office, order office supplies, keep the printer supplied with paper, expense reports, organizing travel, etc.
• Driven to organize and maintain the digital reference repository (digital artwork, movies, etc). Also, print physical copies of any reference when needed.
• Previous experience in an organizational role a big plus.
• Computer literacy; word processing and spreadsheet experience helpful.
• Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
• Attention to detail, follow-through and strong communication skills.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.