Position at Industrial Light & Magic
ILM opened its Sydney studio in July 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are looking for a Production Assistant who reflects the production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Production Assistant is responsible for supporting the project production team on a daily basis with a wide range of duties, with the goal of a project team that functions smoothly and efficiently. It is a great opportunity to work and learn from the within the core of a production team.
• Set up show meetings both physical and virtual, ensuring all project meetings run smoothly and conflicts are resolved
• Prepare and maintain the dailies playlist, including all internal communication
• Assist with creating playlists, presenting screens, and general preparation for meetings
• Be the point person for project I/O needs including mirroring files, receiving and sending files to client and other sites
• Assist the production team in keeping track of project crew’s working week, including availability, sick days and holidays
• Maintain the show crew list, and email aliases
• Send welcome emails to new crew, assist production manager with starters/leavers email
• General crew support - including arranging meals, events and travel
• Assist facilities with general office maintenance duties
Required Skills / Competencies
• Enthusiasm, excellent communication skills and attention to detail while working under pressure
• You probably have 1 or more years experience in a fast paced work environment and are great at juggling multiple responsibilities as well as good computer skills, particularly excel.
• Problem solving ability and a proactive approach to all situations - combined with a good sense of humor
• You have a Bachelor's Degree in Film, Art, Communications or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.