Generalist (Environments) Supervisor
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Generalist (Environments) Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations of their show team, ensuring that all the work is created according to the approved designs and visual style. They themselves have a high level of skill in creating photo-real environments and landscapes.
What You'll Do
• Create beautiful original work quickly using live action footage, digital still photography, rendered computer graphic elements, and digital paint in a variety of software packages
• Interpret and implement feedback with little-to-no supervisor direction
• Supervise your Generalist team (internally and globally) to deliver the expected and desired work for the show on time
• Review the work of each artist on a regular basis, approving shots and elements for submission to the director. Mentor and support Apprentice and Jr. Artists and assist them with their shots
• Work with your sequence Lead to test out tools and techniques before rolling out to artists
• Attend bidding sessions with Production and provide precise and accurate bids
• Actively participate in the recruiting and staffing of the Generalist team
• Collaborate with Talent management to guide artists' overall professional development, providing performance feedback, mentoring and maintaining positive morale amongst the crew
What We're Looking For
• At least 5 years of relevant professional VFX experience and a college level diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography; OR
• At least 7 years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education
• Proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, matte painting, or compositing
• Excellent communication and team-orientated thinking
• Demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new software
• Fluent in some or all of these software packages: Photoshop, 3dsmax, Maya, Houdini, a ray trace renderer and 2d compositing software. Comparable software experience considered
• Good working knowledge of specialist tools and plugins like Multiscatter, Speedtree, etc.
**FOR US BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current US salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired US employees.
• • •
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29e56-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.