Human Resources Business Partner
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Working closely with ILM Sydney Studio's talent leadership team, the Emerging Talent Specialist is responsible for implementing and delivering programs in the areas of outreach and emerging talent development for the Sydney Studio's talent strategy.
We are looking for a person who reflects the innovative spirit, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
On any given day, you might…;
• Work closely with talent leadership teams in Sydney to offer pragmatic and informed emerging talent solutions which meet both the business need and wider/global people agenda, e.g. diversity and inclusion, mentorship and recruitment programs etc.
• Support programs, e.g. all Jedi Academy initiatives including Internships, Grads and Trainees as appropriate in partnership with the leadership teams in Talent, HR and the Studio Talent Group.
• Participate in internal talent development programs (ie mentorship)
• Evaluate the success of emerging talent programs, reporting results to the studio management team
• Be a primary contact for grant or funding applications related to emerging talent, coordinating all reports and deliverables as required.
• Build and/or further develop relationships with key education establishments including schools, colleges, universities, apprenticeship training providers etc. to develop awareness of ILM's programs.
• Partner with Recruitment teams to represent ILM at industry events and working groups in the areas of emerging talent and education
• Support requests for speakers at educational and industry events, liaising with talent/line managers
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• You have a Bachelor's Degree or you have gained that experience by working in our industry. Experience in project management.
• An interest in and understanding of VFX industry
• Experience working in a training or recruitment position is advantages
• Ability to collaborate
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects that cut across multiple business units
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with a proven ability to communicate well at all levels of the organisation
• Highly innovative and creative in approach to accomplish work
• Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
• Competent use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote and G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Drive)
Note to Recruiters and Coordinators: Please include this standard EEO paragraph before posting.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roony3-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.