Hard Surface Modeler
San Francisco, CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
With an emphasis on anatomy and form, the Creature Modeler will create three dimensional CG characters to be painted, enveloped and animated by the creature development team.
What You'll Do
• Create three-dimensional creatures for the Animator and Technical Director. Employ specific software tools to build the geometric structure of the object and ensure that the model will satisfy the requirements of the production.
• In building creatures, the modeler must incorporate technical expertise, artistic ability, and a basic understanding of animation.
• Work with production team (Sr. Modeler, Technical Directors and Animators) to identify the ''look'' for an object.
• Build the geometry of computer graphic models, with an understanding of how the geometry will be used in the production process.
• Perform other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts or equivalent with a thorough understanding of anatomy, character design and animation
• Portfolio demonstrating traditional artistic skills including illustration, and sculptural abilities a plus
• Proven experience creating digital creatures or characters in a feature film or production environment
• Requires familiarity with film and video post production techniques and with computer graphic techniques
• 2-3 years Zbrush, Maya, and facial development experience and/or a demonstrated desire to develop computer skills.
• Knowledge of UNIX is a necessity to navigate through ILM's production pipeline
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.