We are looking for a highly organized, experienced, motivated individual with dynamic interpersonal skills! This individual will assist a specific promoter (talent buyer) and liaise between departments in day-to-day tasks, concert booking procedures, venue calendar bookings and managing relationships in the live event industry. This role is an 18 month contract role ending in November 2023.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Acts as liaison between colleagues & clients to facilitate work & accomplish objectives in a collaborative effort
• Screens calls and responds to internal and external requests for information and follows through to ensure requested actions are taken or completed
• Establish & manage relationships with industry people – agents, band management, tour managers, labels representatives and venue management
• Interface with agents and venues to verify availabilities and build a calendar of events
• Manage internal documentation using internal booking systems, calendars and ticketing schedules
• Provide support for preparation of grant applications and reporting, as well as special projects as assigned
• Assists with presentations, reports, materials, samples, etc. as needed for meetings and presentations both internal and external
• Work with internal and external Box Office Personnel
• Provide general administrative support and perform diversified administrative duties; prioritize, and manage projects with minimal supervision
• Schedule meetings, conferences and appointments; update calendar.
• Assist in managing various venue calendars
• Make travel arrangements and handle expenses.
• Multitask in a fast-paced environment and remain organized, with attention to detail.
• Performs general office duties (mail, filing, copy, fax)
• Coordinates, manages & maintains calendars/schedules and contact lists.
• Other duties as assigned
• Post-secondary education in business, music management, PR, communications or related field
• Must possess exceptional organization, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced, and deadline driven environment
• Ability to navigate the internet as a communication and research tool
• Professional written and verbal communication skills; ability to build and foster professional relationships with individuals at all levels
• Must have a high level of expertise in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Possess a strong work ethic with a high sense of responsibility in an ever changing environment
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality, handle sensitive matters and exercise excellent judgment
• Ability to work well independently and within a team
• Experience in the live music industry is an asset
• Knowledge of the touring and concert industry is an asset
• Must have an avid interest in music, be knowledgeable about artists and genres, and have an overall interest in learning about the music industry
• COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Sitting for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks throughout the day; occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels.
Live Nation Canada strongly supports
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g437v7-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.