Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Who are you?
Live Nation Canada is seeking a dynamic and passionate HR leader to join the organization. The Director of HR will direct and oversee the company's HR function across Canada to ensure an engaged and motivated workforce, consistent and effective HR programs, enhancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, a well-executed recruitment and talent development strategy, and strong internal communication. This position reports directly to the President of Business Operations for Canada, with a dotted line into the Global Live Nation HR SVP in Los Angeles, California. The successful candidate will be a demonstrated leader, effective communicator, creative problem-solver and a true business partner who can help the company meet its objectives through effective management of its human resources.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead the national HR team and function in Canada, managing multiple stakeholders, working closely with the global HR leadership in Los Angeles
• Provide counseling and coaching to executive and management teams on all HR related matters
• Design creative talent recruitment strategies, including hands on involvement with timely and targeted recruitment
• Facilitate annual performance review and goal setting processes
• Develop performance management systems to drive clarity and alignment through the organization for consistent talent management practices
• Implement talent development programs, including coaching, mentorship, and intern programs
• Build focus around continuous learning and development; identify key training and development opportunities and workshops
• Build on policies, plans and practices to build and sustain a dynamic workplace that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion
• Implement, conduct and manage employee engagement surveys to understand the workplace and provide the employee voice to the executive team, with goal of providing and enhancing positive employee culture.
• Develop a communication strategy and schedule to maintain employee communications and engagement
• Lead and support the role out of HR programs and initiatives on a consistent level across all national offices
• Ensure compliance with existing and forthcoming HR legislation
• Continue to build credibility throughout the organization and set an example as a proactive senior leader who earns respect by demonstrating a sound understanding of internal business needs
• Oversee employee payroll and benefit programs, and proactive resolution of any issues related to these programs
• Prepare and support the organization through periods of acquisition integration. Take the lead in integrating current or potential new business units into company HR and payroll systems
• Become well versed in company HR processes, software systems and maintain timely maintenance to these processes and systems to support the business and employee programs
• Roll up your sleeves attitude, working side-by-side with existing HR members on a variety of projects, big and small
• Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualities Desired:
• Bachelor's degree in HR or related field
• A minimum of 8-10 years of HR experience, with at least three years of senior HR leadership experience
• Significant change management, culture change and organizational development experience.
• Superior communicator at all levels.
• Fluency in French is a desired asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks throughout the day; occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels.
Live Nation Canada strongly supports
This job description is a summary of duties that are expected to be performed. Duties outlined on this job description may not be all-inclusive, and can be modified at any time if requested by management.