Coordinator, Joan Ganz Cooney Center
New York, NY
WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward-thinking, and collaborative. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you, please read on!
As a trustworthy leader, the HR Manager will provide support and guidance to the Media & Sponsorship Team ensuring best business practices are maintained. Building and supporting a safe and trusting environment for employees while supporting their questions or concerns. Assist in the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs. The HR Manager carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: subject matter expert Workday, employee relations and policy interpretation, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment law.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Provide tactical human resource leadership on business issues, manage day-to-day operations of the HR function, and provide input for problem solving, consistency, fairness and/or action planning.
• Work in partnership with the Director, Human Resources on development and implementation of performance improvement plans as necessary, conflict resolution, up to and including terminations as appropriate.
• Handle employee relations issues/concerns and conduct investigations as necessary to resolve according to law, company policy and precedent.
• Respond to employee and management questions, requests, and concerns in a timely manner.
• Assists managers in identifying who their talent is and assessing/actioning learning needs and developmental opportunities to result in a documented succession and retention plan as appliable.
• Diversity & Inclusion initiatives – Lead and support programs that involve and engage our employees and champion the initiatives put forth by LNE.
• Ensures compliance with and highlights to wider team relevance of any legal or regulatory changes pertaining to labor, wage and hour, and employment laws, including manager communication/training.
• Assists on ad hoc issues as well as formal cycles related to promotions, bonus plans, and salary increases, including employee compensation equity and positions in need of re-evaluation.
• Works closely with the hiring managers, in partnership with Talent Acquisition, to establish and forecast people needs, establish staffing priorities, and manage related changes.
• Provides guidance on the creation of job descriptions and job analysis and market compensation requests.
• Management of all HR related administrative activities as required.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Minimum 4+ years HR experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of labor laws, employee relations, compensation, benefits administration, and general employment issues.
• Relationship Management & Collaboration- building and fostering strong trust-based relationships with clients and internal partners across the organization.
• Ability to manage conflict effectively and productively.
• A skillful and collaborative team player with the ability to network effectively up, down and across the business.
• Influence and Negotiation - Ability to read a situation and act in a direct, forceful yet diplomatic manner to develop trust and openness of clients to consider alternatives. Confidence in expressing opposing opinions that are in the best interest of all parties involved.
• Ability to anticipate/solve problems with a sense of urgency; manage changing/multiple priorities, and superior interpersonal, communication and presentation capability.
• Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Advanced MS Office Skills
• BS/BA with emphasis in HR preferred.
• PHR/SPHR or SHRM certification desired
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm51bv-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.