Manager, Sales Operations
Los Angeles, CA
WHO ARE WE?
WHO ARE YOU?
A dynamic, entrepreneurial professional with national sponsorship experience across all business categories and verticals, you're well-connected in market, a hunter, and a strategic seller wrapped into one, with a deep knowledge and understanding of brands and their marketing needs.
You're passionate and driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit, and resourceful, innovative, forward- thinking, and collaborative.
At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you, please read on!
As VP, you will be responsible for selling cross-platform marketing partnerships to Fortune 500 companies, both directly and through agencies that leverage Live Nation assets including venues, artist tours and events, digital, ticketing, mobile and content. You'll call on both C-level and senior marketing decision-makers with clients, and senior account directors and marketing decision-makers with agencies. Responsibilities will include cold calling, prospecting, pitching, negotiating, and closing revenue opportunities.
You'll work closely with our internal marketing teams to ensure that we're creating programs that use the right mix of Live Nation assets and products to solve our clients' specific industry challenges and help them meet their marketing goals – all while enhancing the experience of Live Nation's fans.
This position reports to the SVP of Sales.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Leverage industry expertise, market trends and deep knowledge of client's needs to generate extensive client growth
• Find and develop new business opportunities with leading brands
• Direct brand pitches to senior marketing and advertising executives
• Position Live Nation as a strategic resource throughout client's marketing team – both internal staff and external resources
• Work with sales and creative teams to build high impact integrated music-based marketing platforms that drive brands' marketing objectives
• Develop trust and deep client / agency relationships so you are the first person they contact when thinking about music strategy
• Strategy development
• Be on top of relevant market trends (domestic and global), client needs, expectations and opportunities as well as shifts in the competitive landscape; Monitors the competitive marketplace, including local and national sports and entertainment properties
• Personally build and maintain deep relationships with key industry leaders, including client-side marketing executives at Fortune 500 companies and Tier 1 media ad agencies
• Drive results in a fast paced, resource-conscious environment
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• BA/BS Degree required.
• 5-8 years in the sales and brand marketing experience in the partnership creation space within Entertainment, Sports, or agency. Additional experience at a large brand/publisher/sponsorship platform/multimedia company preferred.
• Proven track record of structuring, negotiating and closing complex strategic marketing partnerships.
• Ability to drive results in a fast paced, resource-conscious environment with a creative style and a collaborative attitude.
• Strong understanding of and relationships with marketing decision-makers and influencers at leading brand companies and their agencies, including decision-making structure and process.
• Exceptional ability to successfully manage and problem-solve in a group of stakeholders with different priorities.
• Relentless focus and prioritization tied to team goals.
• Proactive and engaging, with a positive approach towards problem-solving.
• Emotional intelligence and low ego drive.
• Charisma, and a demonstrated ability to develop and nurture both internal and external relationships and work effectively at all levels of the decision process.
• Excellent communication, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including well-developed persuasion and influence skills.
• A disciplined work ethic, entrepreneurial mindset, persistent with client follow-up, and strong desire
to work in a team environment.
• Travel will likely be required.
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7pm2-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.