Full Time Job
Corporate Sales and Events Manager
- Full Time
Spark Arena is proud to be New Zealand's most dynamic entertainment and sporting venue, part of the Live Nation Entertainment Group. Located in central Auckland, we value our great team who deliver unforgettable entertainment experiences to customers all year round.
We're currently on the search for a full time Corporate Sales & Events Manager, based in our Auckland Spark Arena office, reporting into the Catering & Hospitality Manager.
What you'll be doing:
As the Sales and Event Manager you will drive new non-ticketed event leads and oversee the planning to delivery stages of all corporate, function and VIP hospitality at the arena. You will become the client's first point of call for all booking and quote enquiries, offering initiative and creative ideas to make their function, banquet or hospitality experience special and unique. You will liaise individually with each client to plan their event based on their specific and often very different event specs, working through menus, entertainment, set up, theming etc. You will manage costs and work within the client's budget. This role includes some evening and weekend work depending on the event, so flexibility and adaptability to change is a must.
Who and what are we looking for?
• Event Management experience in similar role, including experience in managing banquets and conferences
• Experience in food and beverage service, preparation and presentation with a sound knowledge of catering products and production
• Tertiary Qualification in Event Management
• Proven track record acquiring new business with a proactive approach to account management and client retention
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized with exceptional time management
• Adaptable with ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
• Personable and professional with great stakeholder management skills
• Skills with event management software (preferably EBMS)
What do we offer?
• Ticket perks to our events
• Flexible working environment
• Health & Wellbeing activities and programs
• Paid parental and volunteering leave
• Investment in your personal career development and training
• Being part of a global, innovative and exciting business!
Sound like the role for you? To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to the Live Nation recruitment team
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.