Title: Coordinator – Backstage Experience/ Part-Time Seasonal
Our backstage teams have a leading role in the service experience the artists and touring personnel have at our venues. The extent to which we recognize our crew members for service well done, is the extent to which they will care not only for our Artists and touring personnel, but for each other.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
Live Nation is seeking a Backstage Experience Coordinator for the MGM Music Hall Fenway. The position will directly report to the venue Production Manager. The Backstage Experience Coordinator (BEC) will be responsible for administering various Live Nation and venue designed programs to support local production & touring personnel. The Backstage Experience Coordinator will maintain back of house expectations & backstage division-wide goals while ensuring that our Artist Commitment is met or exceeded. This role will act as a hospitality focused position ensuring a phenomenal experience for touring personnel backstage. This is an hourly position. Scheduled hours will vary depending on business needs and may be scheduled up to 40 hours per week or more during peak season.
• In partnership with the venue Production Manager, the Backstage Experience Coordinator is responsible for administering various Live Nation and venue designed programs to support local production & touring personnel.
• The Backstage Experience Coordinator will maintain back of house hospitality expectations & backstage division-wide goals.
• The Backstage Experience Coordinator will meet & greet the tours upon arrival to the venue and be available to assign dressing rooms and is the point of contact for all hospitality needs.
• Where possible- wash, dry and fold all tour laundry as well as hand and bath towels. The Backstage Experience Coordinator will check dressing rooms periodically through the day to tidy up and collect any towels to be washed.
• Partner with local backstage catering to ensure the Artists rider requirements are met and the culinary experience exceeds the artist's and touring personnel's expectations.
• Will be the backstage brand ambassador and the face of the service culture program.
• Responsible for completing the Post Event Service Recap and analyze other venue service reports to create action plans for service improvements in partnership with the Artist Services team & Venue GM.
• Research best practices and collaborate with the Artist Services team & Venue GM to develop venue opportunities to increase engagement, increase Artist/Crew satisfaction.
• Work with Production Managers & Catering Teams to help facilitate advances.
• Pre and post show walk through with checklist to make ready all backstage Artist & Touring crew areas and notate any damage to be repairs.
• Oversee all dressing room and bus stock, including after-show meal coordination.
• In coordination with the General and Production Managers, co-manage any applicable backstage program budget and process vendor invoices.
• Will act as the lead in maintaining metrics and sharing information with the Artist Services Team, tracking historic data on Tours & details regarding Artist choices/favorites and manage the backstage tour personnel survey and competition rate for your venue.
• Partner with the venue's Production Manager, Artist Services team and LN Tour rep to create memorable, hospitality-minded moments at every show, including but not limited to birthdays and special celebrations.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Must be able to maintain composure around high profile artists/guests and work in an often hectic and loud environment.
• Must have strong organizational, Time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Proficient computer skills required including the ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Possess a positive outlook, strong communication skills and the ability to engage others.
• Must possess strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated experience finding creative solutions.
• 1 years' plus of backstage/production/hospitality experience.
• 2-3 years' plus of work experience in a comparable role.
• 1-2 years' plus of leadership experience.
• Has a natural interest in helping others and a heart for service.
• Position requires constant physical activity such as walking, climbing stairs, lifting and carrying equipment.
• Must be able to lift 30 lbs. using proper lifting techniques.
• Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, Communications, Marketing, Business, or something comparable preferred.
• COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions.
• Public speaking or meeting facilitation skills is a plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqqo29-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.