WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward-thinking, and collaborative. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you, please read on!
We're seeking a diligent and proactive Associate Counsel who will work independently as well as collaboratively regarding a wide of variety of event, sponsorship, marketing, and promotion-related matters in a fast-paced team environment.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Work closely with a team of attorneys who manage a broad range of contracts for Live Nation's Media & Sponsorship Division.
• Advise internal clients on various event sponsorship, marketing and promotion-related matters, including basic risk assessment in consultation with Risk Management.
• Advise internal clients on various artist-related matters, including artist performance/engagement, participation in custom content for public distribution, and participation in social media ''influencer'' campaigns.
• Draft, review, analyze and interpret contracts in an accurate and timely manner, including sponsorship and promotion contracts (venues, festivals, tours), artist contracts, social influencer contracts, production services contracts, vendor contracts, and non-disclosure agreements.
• Negotiate with Artist Management, Corporate Legal counsel and agency representatives.
• Review talent agency contracts.
• Ensure contract review, approval and execution is in accordance with company policies.
• Create and update templates for agreements.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Texas Bar membership or willingness and qualification to get registered as in-house counsel.
• Minimum of 2 years of transactional experience with law firm and/or corporate legal environment.
• Prior in-house, concert business and/or entertainment experience preferred.
• Prior experience negotiating with talent agencies.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent judgment and ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to take initiative and multi-task in a highly demanding, deadline driven environment with strong follow up.
• Ability to learn quickly and work with minimal supervision and with a team.
• Experience in interacting and communicating with all levels of operations.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.