Universal Music Group
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
Lionsgate is seeking experienced candidates for the role of Coordinator to support the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the Motion Picture Group (MPG).
The Coordinator will work across the entire MPG supporting the day to day needs of the COO as well as playing a critical role in supporting the Strategy & Innovation Vertical (comprised of three distinct cross-functional departments: Data Strategy & Innovation, Inclusive Content, and Business Strategy & Planning). This is an extremely exciting opportunity to be exposed to the highest levels of the industry's largest independent motion picture studio as the business rapidly evolves.
• Provide critical support to the COO, Motion Picture Group by handling advanced-level administrative duties, performing confidential assignments, and coordinating day-to-day operations
• Manage, organize, and serve as a gatekeeper to a complex and dynamic calendar, coordinating across global time zones
• Ensure timely processing and tracking of expense reports/invoices
• Organize virtual and in-person business meetings/calls, making all necessary arrangements, including booking rooms, arranging for required audio, video, catering, and other logistical support/tools as required. Manage cross-time-zone dynamics and arrange for external attendee security clearances, coordinating with remote office contacts as needed
• Assist with inbound/outbound company communication and correspondence. To that effect, it is paramount to become involved and knowledgeable in the department's operation and the business in general
• Create and maintain effective filing systems, databases, timeline tracking resources, and meeting agendas to ensure the COO runs at the highest efficiency
• Assist with special events and initiatives designed to improve the organization's culture, teamwork, and colleague engagement, including team building, learning, and social events
• Complete ad-hoc assignments as needed
Qualifications & Skills
• 3+ years of experience supporting Senior-Level Executives
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, quality, and timeliness, taking personal accountability for all tasks
• High level of integrity and discretion, with the ability to work with sensitive information while maintaining confidentiality
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work proactively with minimal supervision; and able to effectively prioritize workload independently
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment and work well under pressure without losing composure or professionalism
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and video conferencing; comfortable adopting to new technology
• Passion for the business of entertainment and desire to drive change and innovation within the industry
• Interest in a career in finance/strategy/operations
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3oq4-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.