Summary of Position
Lionsgate Games is seeking a motivated and creative professional who is passionate about video games, film, television and entertainment. Our focus is being a world-class creative partner to our game developers and publishers in building titles based off Lionsgate and third party intellectual property. The ideal candidate is proactive and excels in a collaborative environment focused on creative development across PC/Console, Mobile, and VR platforms and other game genres.
• Coordinate game production from concept to release and live operations
• Create/maintain schedules, perform milestone reviews, track submissions, play test builds, anticipate and mitigate risks, and submit weekly progress reports
• Provide creative and critical feedback on products while ensuring our games stay authentically on brand and make the best use of IP
• Support strategies defined by senior leadership, coordinate with stakeholders and internal/external resources to meet franchise, financial and strategic goals
• Be the subject matter expert on our games and game tech and give presentations and product demos as necessary
• Keep up with gaming trends across mobile, social, online, console and emerging platforms and makes recommendations on strategy
• Work across all digital game platforms, including but not limited to: Mobile (iOS, Android, Windows), Console (Sony PlayStation, Microsoft Xbox, Nintendo Switch), PC/Mac, newly emerging game subscription services, AR/VR, new interactive film, video game platforms, etc.
• Maintain familiarity with all key Lionsgate IP
• Must be a self-starter and show initiative in completing projects
• Some general administrative duties, including travel arrangements, expense reports, scheduling partner and vendor meetings/presentations and presentations
• Responsible for maintaining Developer Database
• Track status of all team project and business development efforts and support team projects as needed
• Conduct game and potential partner research and support data analysis of game titles/comps
Qualifications & Skills
• 1-2 years of experience in a video games production role across console, PC and mobile
• Must be an avid gamer across a variety of genres and familiar with gaming practices across social, console and real-world platforms
• Well organized and has excellent verbal and written communication
• Marketing and Product Management skills is a plus
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles