KSBW 8 (NBC) / Central Coast ABC / Estrella TV Costa Central, part of Hearst Television, is looking for a Production/Master Control Assistant, who is self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player. They will be responsible for operating robotic cameras, teleprompter and video equipment as related to live broadcasts and post-production. Candidate will also be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, acquiring, ingesting, and preparing content, executing playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control of on-air product, and documenting transmission events. This position involves ingesting commercials and programs, timing them and making sure they all play on air properly. The candidate will generally work 40 hours per week and must be available for morning and weekend shifts.
• Floor directing, camera/studio operator
• Coordinate live and taped programming for broadcast
• Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets.
• Maintaining on air operation to include running commercials, network, and local programming
• Monitors multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
• Operate Harris Automation equipment
• Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures.
• Observing transmitters and taking readings
• Executes, edits, updates, and appends playlists.
• Report's equipment issues and transmission discrepancies.
• Must have computer and software experience
• Prior exposure to television station operations and newscast production a plus.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
• Attention to details is imperative and able to multi-task
• Operational knowledge and experience with master control activities and functions a plus.
• Bilingual a Plus
• Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
The estimated base salary range for this role is between $42,000 and $47,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, market demands and conditions, including geographic location where the work will be performed, and other factors permitted by law. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmob7x-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.