KQCA My58, the Hearst Television independent station in Sacramento, CA,
is now interviewing candidates for a National Sales Assistant. Excellent telephone, email and verbal communication and problem-solving skills are required. Applicant must show enthusiasm, work initiative, and possess strong organizational and computer skills, including MS Office. Accuracy and ability to interact with clients and our rep firm in a professional manner is essential. Learning database and industry software is required. This career opportunity is a great way to become an important part of a highly-respected TV station and begin/advance a career with Hearst and an industry-leading television station group. In person attendance is required.
• Assist National Sales Manager in day-to-day duties.
• Enter and maintain all national orders.
• Effectively communicate with national sales representatives and advertising agencies across the country.
• Develop a thorough understanding of Nielsen ratings, Wide Orbit, Kantar and other research tools.
• Create supportive marketing materials for sales team and assist in the development of sales proposals, advertising packages and client presentations.
• Assist with political, paid programming and direct response advertising.
• Support the local sales and receptionist teams as needed.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Must be highly-focused, organized, and detail oriented.
• Consistently meet deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
• Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers and clients to deliver a high-level of service.
• Capable of learning new systems promptly and thoroughly.
• Must take pride in work, respond to instructions well, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy working independently.
• Proficient in all programs of Microsoft Office. (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Related military experience will be considered.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3xm49-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.