Oklahoma City, OK
KOCO-TV in Oklahoma City is now interviewing candidates for a National Sales Assistant. Excellent telephone, email and verbal communication and problem-solving skills required. Applicant must show enthusiasm, work initiative, and possess strong organizational and computer skills, including MS Office. Accuracy and ability to interact with clients and rep firm in a professional manner is essential. Learning database and industry software is required. This is a great opportunity in a successful, vibrant organization for someone who is able to maintain a high level of accuracy and remain calm under pressure. This career opportunity is a great way to become an important part of a highly respected TV station and begin a career with Hearst and an industry-leading television station group.
• Assist National Sales Manager in day-to-day duties.
• Enter and maintain all national orders including electronic transfer and maintenance of all MediaLine/WO Central orders to WideOrbit.
• Provide account management assistance, including weekly pre-emption reports and rate card schedules.
• Daily management of pre-empted and displaced spots; problem solving with NSM and national sales reps across the country and in a timely fashion.
• Assist in the development of sales proposals, advertising packages and client presentations.
• Communicate with Hearst traffic department regarding order entry, spot placement and formatting.
• Fulfill customer service requests such as log times, weekly posting analysis, etc.
• Coordinate Paid Program sales and handle traffic of paid programs weekly.
• Research billing discrepancies and reconcile credit memos as required.
• Share in assisting the Local sales team.
• Maintain national political public files, as well as updates to FCC political website.
• Maintain organized filing systems.
• Interact with co-workers, clients and public in a professional manner on the phone, in email, and in person.
• Fill in as needed at the receptionist desk or with the Digital / Traffic teams.
• Develop a thorough understanding of Nielsen ratings, One Domain, Kantar and other research tools. Coordinate with Research Director on updating of materials.
• Prior administrative experience is preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Must be highly-focused, organized, and detail oriented.
• Consistently meet daily and weekly deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
• Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers and clients to deliver a high-level of service.
• Capable of learning new systems and software promptly and thoroughly.
• Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and perform at a consistently high level.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.