Sales Assistant - KGNS
KGNS TV's market dominance begins with a prime offering of NBC, CBS, ABC, CW and Telemundo affiliations; and a delivery daily newscasts across multiple broadcasts and digital streams including desktop and mobile. KGNS TV, the areas' leading news broadcaster is located in the Laredo, Texas Metropolitan area and serves a combined population of over 790,000 (seven hundred ninety thousand) on the South Texas and US/Mexico border. The area consisting of Webb, Zapata, Dimmit, LaSalle, Maverick, Zavala, Frio, Duval and Jim Hogg counties; and Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico is geographically poised for success between two nations. A thriving and dynamic area for all things news, the Laredo Metro area houses a diverse economy that is often immune to economic anomalies experienced by the rest of the country. Touted the number 1 (one) inland port on the US/Mexico border and diverse in her economy, whether it be ranching, agriculture, international trade, healthcare, education, retail, manufacturing or oil/gas, Laredo and our sister cities offer a wide range of industries to foster a consistently healthy economy. Laredo's population is a diverse blend of ethnicities with a median age of 27 (twenty seven). Her young and vibrant energy lends itself to a history that offers entertainment, a wide array of eateries and a cultural immersion in a unique experience that can only be held by the romance of this US / Mexico border culture.
A home to many successful broadcasters, KGNS TV has a reputation of preparing reporters, producers, and anchors for their next move, which includes moves to larger metro markets. On the sales and marketing side, training integrated marketing techniques is one of the reasons our team continues to thrive. The KGNS TV family is one where integrity, ethics, and personal growth are fostered. After all, it's always sunny in Laredo, Texas.
KGNS+ is looking for a dynamic Marketing and Sales Assistant who is smart, forward-thinking and possesses great communication skills, customer service and is capable of working under deadlines. This position will support the sales team and management by ensuring that sales commitments and events are executed in a timely and effective manner.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Assist Sales team to keep sales initiative and process moving forward.
• Answer phones, emails and door to greet clients and guests representing company with best foot forward.
• Writing marketing emails.
• Serve as a liaison between sales, production and traffic operations.
• Creating sales materials in PPT, Word, Excel.
• Oversee, create and maintain sales cycle efficiency and accuracy.
• Review, Quality check and maintain marketing commitments with advertisers and organizations.
• Marketing reports to Network and Clients as needed.
• Work with Sales and Marketing teams to execute client commitments such as digital posts, on-air elements, sponsorships and events.
• Assist with Event Coordination for Signature Events.
• Candidate must be positive, outgoing, detail-oriented, hard-working and above all a team player. Must have proficient knowledge of WideOrbit, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and basic knowledge of organizing software apps.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus. Spanish language, awareness of digital marketing and social media a plus. Candidate must have a 'owner' attitude with accountability and a strong work ethic.
Office hours are M-F 8:30a to 5:30pm.
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KGNS-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq49b1-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.