KCRG-TV9 is the ABC affiliate based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with bureaus in Dubuque and Iowa City, covering all of Eastern Iowa. We are dedicated to investigative journalism, being a part of our community and sharing the stories of the people of Eastern Iowa. We produce 6 hours of newscasts everyday, as well as support a robust website and the largest social media audience in the market.
KCRG-TV9 is seeking a sports anchor/reporter to join our team.
We believe Sports is more than a score, so this position is focused on telling stories around sports, not covering games and highlights. This position leads that effort by anchoring sports segments around that coverage on weekends and contributing people-centered sports stories during the week. In addition, this position contributes sports content regularly to our robust digital platforms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Produce and anchor sports segments for weekend evening newscasts.
- Find and develop stories around sports in Eastern Iowa.
- Assist in covering big sports news, like Iowa Hawkeyes football.
- Develop sources with local athletics programs for stories and context.
- Shoot, edit and write content for newscasts.
- Write and post stories and videos for station digital platforms.
- Help produce sports segments in coordination with the sports director.
- Assist in live sports productions on occasion.
- 2+ years previous experience covering news or sports for a TV station.
- Proven ability to tell people-centered stories.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of gear and equipment.
- Must maintain clean driving record.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z767-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.