KCRG-TV9 is the ABC affiliate based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with bureaus in Dubuque and Iowa City, covering all of Eastern Iowa. We are dedicated to investigative journalism, being a part of our community and sharing the stories of the people of Eastern Iowa. We produce 6 hours of newscasts everyday, produce 100 live events each year, and support a robust website and the largest social media audience in the market.
KCRG-TV9 is seeking a reporter/producer to join the top-rated, legacy station covering Eastern Iowa.
This position is great for someone with strong work ethic and the drive to grow their career in journalism. The position will regularly report on-air while also taking the lead of newscasts as a producer.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Find and develop news stories around information and events in the area.
- Creatively shoot, write and edit locally-produced news reports.
- Write and produce newscasts covering the top local and national headlines.
- Write and post stories and videos for the station digital platforms.
- Maintain high journalistic standards in line with station brand and goals.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Journalism, Mass Communications or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Previous newsroom experience a plus.
- Previous on-air experience a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1yy0-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.