News Anchor / Reporter - KCRG / Kyou
KCRG-TV9 is the ABC affiliate based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with bureaus in Dubuque and Iowa City, covering all of Eastern Iowa. We are dedicated to investigative journalism, being a part of our community and sharing the stories of the people of Eastern Iowa. We produce 6 hours of newscasts everyday, as well as support a robust website and the largest social media audience in the market.
KYOU is the FOX and NBC affiliate in Southeastern Iowa and Northeastern Missouri. The station produces a newscast each week night that airs on Fox and NBC.
KCRG-TV9 and KYOU are seeking an anchor and reporter. Based in the Cedar Rapids studio, this position will anchor 9PM newscasts M-F for KYOU airing in Southeast Iowa. This position will also report daily for both KYOU and KCRG newscasts. Occasional producing may be required for anchored newscasts, as well as fill-in anchoring on other newscasts.
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Anchor newscasts, presenting information clearly and professionally.
- Find and develop news stories around information and events in the area.
- Creatively shoot, write and edit locally-produced news reports.
- Write and post stories and videos for the station digital platforms.
- Develop social media audience and engage with that audience regularly.
- Maintain high journalistic standards in line with station brand and goals.
- Write and produce newscasts, as needed.
- Minimum 1 year on-air experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Journalism, Mass Communications or related field or equivalent professional experience.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4o537-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.