Lifestyle Reporter - KCRG
KCRG-TV9 is the most-watched and most-trusted news outlet covering Eastern Iowa. Based in Cedar Rapids with a bureau in Dubuque, we are dedicated to being a part of our community and keeping that community informed. We produce 6 hours of news each day, support a robust social media and digital platform, and carry 100 live sports and community events a year with our live production unit.
KCRG-TV9 is seeking an energetic host and producer to launch a new lifestyle show in Eastern Iowa. The show will showcase businesses, products, activities and more that are available to enhance the lives of our audience in the viewing area. This person should be experienced in on-camera work in live video productions with strong interview skills. This position will be responsible for gathering and formatting production elements in addition to hosting.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to:
• Interview show guests/clients both in-studio and on location
• Research, shoot, write, edit, and present stories on the air, including sponsored content
• Fill in as host/producer, as needed.
• Present content live on location or in-studio with hosts
• Write and post video to digital platforms in support of lifestyle programming.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or another related field
• Experience shooting and editing video (Edius or Premiere Pro).
• Previous on-air experience preferred.
• Must be familiar with social media best practices (Facebook/Twitter/TikTok/Instagram)
• Ability to produce content in the field independently
• Strong writing and proof-reading skills
• Strong ad-libbing and interviewing skills
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong customer service skills are a must
• Drivers license and good driving record is required
• Ability to pay careful attention to detail while under pressure of deadlines
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KCRG-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq4p06-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.