KCRG-TV9 is the ABC affiliate based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with bureaus in Dubuque and Iowa City covering all of Eastern Iowa. We are dedicated to being a part of our community and sharing the stories of the people of Eastern Iowa. We produce 6 hours of news everyday, as well as support a robust website and the largest social media audience in the market.
KCRG-TV9, the top rated news station in Eastern Iowa, is seeking a Digital News Producer to lead the newsroom's coverage on the web, social media and emerging platforms.
This position is expected to help research and write news content in addition to using creativity and analytics to best reach audiences with KCRG news content. This position also contributes to the growing national network of live streaming and digital content through Gray TV, VueIt and Local News Live.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Find, write and edit content for website and social media
- Create engaging web and social media content
- Responding and engaging with viewers on social media
- Ensure digital platforms reflect and support station brand and goals
- Coach reporters and producers in best practices to support station digital efforts
- Seek out innovative new ways to share information on digital platforms
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong writing skills under deadline pressure
- Understanding or desire to improve knowledge of digital analytics
- Previous Photoshop and basic video editing experience
- Previous newsroom experience preferred
- A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Digital Content or a related field experience
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzkom3-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.