KCRG-TV9 is the ABC affiliate based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with bureaus in Dubuque and Iowa City, covering all of Eastern Iowa. We are dedicated to investigative journalism, being a part of our community and sharing the stories of the people of Eastern Iowa. We produce 6 hours of newscasts everyday, as well as support a robust website and the largest social media audience in the market.
KCRG-TV9 is seeking an anchor/producer/reporter to join the most watched news team in eastern Iowa.
This position is great for someone with newsroom experience looking to get opportunities anchoring while growing reporting skills, too, or who likes to dabble in a little of everything. The shift includes producing and co-anchoring weekend morning newscasts and reporting during the week.
We are a strong news market - particularly if you love political news with the Iowa Caucuses. Our station is built on being a trusted source for strong journalism. We are looking for someone excited about covering important news stories to join that legacy.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write and produce newscasts covering the top local and national headlines.
- Anchor newscasts, presenting information clearly and professionally.
- Find and develop news stories around information and events in the area.
- Creatively shoot, write and edit locally-produced news reports.
- Write and post stories and videos for the station digital platforms.
- Maintain high journalistic standards in line with station brand and goals.
- Professional newsroom experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Journalism, Mass Communications or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Previous on-air experience preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6nqvn-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.