Des Moines, IA
KCCI is seeking a photographer with the ability to capture the
essence of what's happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the
homes of our viewers. This member of our team will spend several hours each day
editing for newscasts and several hours each day out in the field shooting,
editing, and executing live shots for stories. The winning candidate is also
tech savvy and up to date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be
able to shoot on Sony XD Cam, GoPro, on laptop computer and Samsung Galaxy
S10e, and edit in Adobe Premiere and utilize the ENG, SNG, and wireless data to
feed completed work to the station. Excellent editing skills, exceptional
time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and
knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, CBS and CNN platforms are critical. An
excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must. If
you have a can-do attitude, are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically
savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
• Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for broadcast air and On-line postings
• Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
• Gathers video and still pictures for digital platforms
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
• Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
• Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
• Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
• Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Previous newsroom experience preferred.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
• Efficient Operation on ENG trucks
• Can work in all weather conditions
• Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license and a near-perfect driving record
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• Can organize and prioritize
• Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn't wait to be told what to do
• Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.