Director - Group Ticket Sales
Kansas City Royals
Kansas City, MO
Job Title: Director-Group Ticket Sales
Job Summary: The Kansas City Royals have an exciting and fresh opportunity to add a Director, Group Ticket Sales to our Ticketing Department. This role will be pivotal to our ticket sales department as we expand our group sales strategy for Kauffman Stadium and a future stadium project. This position is responsible for leading a sales team focused on selling group tickets and hospitality spaces as well as building a fun, inclusive, sales culture. The ideal candidate will be an experienced sales professional with an understanding of the importance of relationship building, authenticity and the necessary vision to grow our group sales business to its fullest potential.
• Develop and execute a group sales business plan based on annual ticket and revenue sales goals.
• Lead and mentor a Group Sales Manager who is responsible for the day-to-day success of the Group Sales Account Executives and the execution of established business plans and sales strategies.
• Support and enable the group sales team consisting of a Manager-Group Sales and multiple Group Sales Account Executives to ensure continued evolution and a culture of success in maintaining and growing ticket sales.
• Establish KPIs to evaluate success within the group ticket sales vertical and lay out a path for the team to successfully meet those metrics.
• Responsible for the development and success of all group outings, including events, pre-game activations, and in-game recognition.
• Analyze historical and current sales data and performance metrics to determine future outbound campaigns and needs necessary to reach departmental goals.
• Work to create CRM dashboards and reporting to manage and track campaign performance and sales rep productivity.
• Collaborate across departments to discuss organizational revenue opportunities as it relates to group ticket sales and our clients.
• Collaborate with marketing to identify and develop new campaigns and efforts to drive team success.
• Represent the Ticket Sales & Retention Department at client events.
• Other duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
• Minimum of three years of successful sales management experience in sports, media, and/or direct sales.
• Three years of ticket sales experience within a group sales team or similar sports sales department.
• Skilled at analyzing data, developing strategic plans from data and presentation of plans to management.
• Strong time management skills, excellent oral communication, customer service and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to function in fast-paced environment, handles multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Proficient computer skills including experience with MS Office products, experience with Tickets.com and Microsoft Dynamics a plus.
• Available to work flexible hours including holidays, evenings and weekends coinciding with the Royals season schedule and client events. Must be able to guide and show potential customers various seating options and facilities around the stadium as well.
• Consistent, punctual, and regular attendance
• Professional image and demeanor
• Ability to lift items weighing as much as 15 pounds
• Must be able to work in a seated position for majority of workday
• Must be able to be productive utilizing a computer keyboard and telephone
• Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
• Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
• Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
This role is a Full-Time, Exempt opportunity that is eligible for Company Benefits, 401K, and PTO. This role is expected to have a standard 40-hour work week.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy281p-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.