News / Digital Producer - KALB
At WMTV, we work hard and take pride in getting it right. Our team was recently honored three years in a row as ''News Operation of the Year'' by the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association (2019- 2020- 2021). Our producers are true newsroom leaders. You will contribute daily to elevating our newscasts and will be an ambassador-championing our community initiatives. You'll work hard and find balance outside of work. Madison is consistently named one of the best places to live in America. We are conveniently just 1.5 hours from Milwaukee, 2.5 hours from Chicago and 5 hours from Minneapolis/St. Paul.
KALB has an immediate opening for a newscast and digital content producer to join our award-winning team of Journalists. We are looking for a person who can produce on-air newscasts and assist with our digital strategy by engaging viewers with urgent and engaging content.
Duties/Responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Developing and organizing daily newscasts for TV
- Writing and editing news scripts for TV and digital platforms
- Editing video for TV & digital platforms
- Creating graphics for news stories
- Communicating with anchors and production staff during live broadcasts
- Writing stories for KALB's digital and social platforms
- Using social media to engage viewers
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field
- Excellent news judgment
- Strong broadcast and digital writing and visual storytelling skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KALB- TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4p4jz-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.