Multi-Media Journalist - KAIT
KAIT 8 is located in beautiful Jonesboro, Arkansas and serves the northeastern portion of the state, as well as southeast Missouri. The station is the market's dominant news leader, holding the ABC, NBC and CW affiliations. KAIT prides itself in being on the cutting-edge of new technology in our industry.
KAIT is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic multi-media journalist to join its award winning news team. The ideal candidate will have an innate desire to capture the stories that matter to the people of Northeast Arkansas. Candidate must be a great writer, self-starter, digital minded, social media savvy and a good newsroom citizen.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Shooting, writing and editing daily content for broadcast, social and web
• Ability to produce compelling live content in the field
• Generating story ideas and building local contacts
• Performing other duties as assigned by management
• Journalism or Communications degree required
• Knowledge and understanding of all media platforms, including broadcast, digital, social and mobile
• Knowledge of ENPS and other news programs or ability to learn
• Experience with non-linear editing
• Act as a team player while displaying an ability to handle a variety of tasks, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven, stressful environment
• Clean driving record
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roejb4-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.