Executive Producer - KAIT
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER (MORNING) - KAIT
KAIT 8 is located in beautiful Jonesboro, Arkansas and serves Northeast Arkansas and Southeast Missouri. The station is the market's dominant news leader, holding the ABC, NBC and CW affiliations. KAIT prides itself in being on the cutting-edge of new technology in our industry.
KAIT 8, the #1 rated station in Jonesboro, Arkansas, is seeking a morning news Executive Producer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be an effective leader able to inspire and coach a team of journalists. This person must be an aggressive leader with the ability to handle breaking news with ease. This candidate will work with the news director to develop and execute key initiatives to enhance and grow the two and a half hour morning show, lead a team of passionate journalists and possess excellent problem solving abilities.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with show producers, technical media producers, anchors and field crews to deliver excellent content and showcasing during Good Morning Region 8.
- Assist in producing for our two and a half hour morning show.
- Coach effectively in order to provide the most relevant content.
- Help morning show team elevate production values.
- Coach team in presenting accurate, fair and unbiased news content.
- At least two years of producing experience in a commercial newsroom.
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background.
- Ability to aggressively react to breaking news.
- Good news judgment and journalistic integrity
- Ability to interpret information to establish facts.
- Knowledge of ENPS or similar news software with the ability to effectively learn ENPS.
- Understanding of non-linear editing.
- Knowledge of Edius is a plus.
- Effective communication skills with management and news team are a must.
, upload your resume, cover letter and references
KAIT-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rebp61-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.