The Social Media Content Coordinator/Creator is responsible for day-to-day postings of the Houston Rockets social media presence, including the creation, curation and distribution of unique and compelling content across all team-related digital platforms, as well as promoting year-round engagement across the organization's digital audience. The ideal candidate must additionally have the ability to create and/or lightly edit memes, gifs and engaging social content using branded templates or mobile applications. The candidate will possess a deep understanding of how people digest and engage with social content, an eye for detail, industry trends and best practices.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Post content on all official social media accounts including the Rockets team, Clutch City Dancers, Clutch the Bear and more
• Post content on all social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Tik-Tok, SnapChat, LinkedIn and more
• Fulfill robust content calendar of scheduled partner activations and organizational initiatives including ticket sales and retail
• Constant curation of news, trends and culture on all social media platforms for the purpose of brainstorming and creating engaging content
• Daily coverage, including photography, of all team activities including games, practices and media availability
• Coverage, including photography, of various community, ticket sales and/or corporate partner events
• Create and edit highly engaging memes, gif, and trendy social-worthy content for posting to the varying audiences of all social media platforms
• Create social-worthy content using creative templates and/or mobile applications that could include aggregating content, light editing or possible filters/animations
• Adherence to creative guidelines and specifications of the brands of the Rockets and their partners
• Publish content (through a content management system) including press releases, news articles, team highlights, community videos for consumption on rockets.com and the mobile app
• Occasional assistance in posting to Toyota Center social media accounts for concerts and events
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Bachelor's degree required in communications, marketing, digital media or relevant field
• Experience in digital, marketing or content role preferred.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and mobile applications for editing content
• Strong visual eye with regard to the creation and curation of graphics, photography and video for social publishing
• Experience shooting photos and impromptu videos with mobile phone both in-game and non-game settings
• Must be able to excel in a fast pace work environment, react quickly and appropriately to unpredictable situations
• Excellent written and communication skills with superior attention to detail and proof-reading experience.
• Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills
• Capacity to think creatively and contribute new ideas
• Understanding of basketball culture
• Ability to travel when necessary
• Ability to work nights, weekends and occasional holidays
• Deep understanding of how major social platforms work (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Tik Tok, ect) and the ability to use each platform's features effectively.
• Work around the NBA schedule
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
• The vision requirement includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Nature of position requires mobility and the ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
• Must have ability to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2ov1-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.