The Houston Rockets and Clutch City Sports & Entertainment are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Team.
This position is responsible for working with the CFO on all financial, budgeting, forecasting and modeling. This role includes overseeing all aspects of financial planning and reporting. This will include developing forecasts, developing financial models and various other financial planning. The person in this role will be responsible for working with other members of the Senior Management Team to evaluate current business operations and future opportunities. Those that demonstrate our One-Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork should apply.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Support Finance team with projects through data analysis, financial models, market research, and the creation of project deliverables, presentations, and reports.
• Effectively summarize quantitative information to draw accurate conclusions.
• Participate in the development of strategic models which may include: assessment of market conditions, competitive pressures, business challenges and help surface key issues, risks, opportunities for our organization.
• Responsible for implementing a new financial reporting/budgeting/forecasting software that works in conjunction with the accounting system (Great Plains Dynamics); new solution will include upgraded reporting and forecasting/ modeling capabilities.
• Responsible for working with CFO to manage and complete the organization's annual budget/forecast both GAAP and cash based.
• Responsible for all cash forecasting and re-forecasting and updating underlying drivers of changes in cash flow
• Responsible for working with senior accountant to produce daily cash report.
• Responsible for analyzing actual results versus forecasted results monthly and report findings to CFO.
• Distribute monthly actual vs forecast results to each department and review/analyze results as needed with department heads.
• Gain an understanding of NBA's Revenue Sharing and Jersey Patch Sharing Plans and create flexible modeling techniques to assist organization with planning/updating/strategy
• Assist CFO or other senior VPs with various project forecasting/analyses as needed.
• Work with Controller to ensure reporting and forecasting is complete and accurate in that all actual results, accruals and expected future results are accounted for correctly.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or a related field of study
• 5+ years' experience in Financial Analysis
• Ability to craft compelling presentations and financials analysis
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and support multiple high-level positions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to handle sensitive all confidential information
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; Exceptional Excel skills required
• Strong teamwork and partnership aptitude required
• Ability to work independently and oversee multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy
• Ability to maintain confidential documents and files
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz50pn-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.