Collaborate with outside organizations, representing the Rockets in efforts to generate new partnerships. Focus on generating significant new business sponsorship sales.
• Individual will cultivate new corporate partner relationships with Local, Regional and National brands to ensure sponsor revenue growth
• Achieve and surpass individual and department new business sales goals
• Possess a clear understanding of the partnership sales process: prospecting, needs analysis, proposal development, presentation skills, negotiation and contracting process.
• Have a clear understanding of all sellable inventory and continuously work to define new sellable assets.
• Manage and maintain strong relationships with all current partners.
• Conduct weekly Sales Team meetings with the Department VP.
• Continually manage and update individual sales pipe line, through company CRM (Currently Sales Force CRM) to provide accurate, reliable information for sales forecasts.
• Develop written proposals for current or new business prospects; design proposals using a consultative sales style incorporating research of category dynamics and understanding the potential partner's marketing goals.
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 5-7 years experience in media and/or sponsorship sales.
• 3+ years' experience in NBA or professional sports preferred.
• Outgoing, ambitious personality, a clear self-starter.
• Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle multiple customers with high degree of detail against short deadlines.
• Ability to work successfully with all team departments.
• Knowledge of sports marketing and sponsorship inventory.
• Experience with TV, radio, and print media sales.
Physical & mental requirements:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• Be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• Be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro6bv1-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.