Associate Visual Editor
New York, NY
About the role:
In this role, you will be partnering with our first-class engineering teams to discover, plan and implement this mission-critical platform, including everything from our new design system to building out services in the name of content optimization.
You will have the opportunity to work with our editors at world-renowned brands, including Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Men's Health, ELLE, Oprah, Runner's World and Harpers BAZAAR, working to keep our experiences performant while still immersive and engrossing.
You will be the product voice in the room that helps drive vision and execution through a well thought out and aligned roadmap.
Ideal candidates possess big-picture vision yet the drive and attention to detail to make that vision a reality. You enjoy solving complex business problems at the core of the digital transformation of a world-leading media company. You balance strategic thinking with outstanding execution – holding yourself and your team accountable for delivering successful outcomes.
• Previous engineering experience is a huge plus, especially in front-end technologies
• You are product obsessive, with 3-5 years in technical product management, with expertise in front-end development
• You have a proven track record managing products in fast-paced, Agile environments. You have shipped successful products
• You can support multiple deliverables and projects at once, sticking to deadlines
• You are a creative problem solver who uses all available tools during discovery, planning and issue triage. You proactively learn how to use new tools as needed
• You are highly collaborative, with the ability to inspire others and push through barriers
• Leadership. You take responsibility from inception to outcomes, identifying needs, aligning priorities, delivering to the market and measuring outcomes
• Highly collaborative. You build trust and strong relationships at all levels, influence without formal authority, push back when appropriate, earn respect and respect the contributions of others
• Organized. You are adept at keeping your plans and projects coordinated. We use Jira for project management, Notion for documentation and GitHub for reviewing so experience with those products are a big bonus
• Excellent communicator. You possess the ability to convey complex technology problems to a non-technical audience. You can articulate the product strategy and roadmap and describe how the problem at hand aligns with those objectives. You are experienced and comfortable gaining alignment and in presenting to senior executives
• Strategic thinker. You convert business objectives into clear product plans and follow through on execution
• Analytics- and results-oriented. You can use both hard and soft data to assess opportunities. You are metrics-driven, and ruthless about prioritizing work to move those metrics. You are comfortable gathering data from multiple sources and synthesizing it into accessible information for nontechnical stakeholders
• An owner and a motivator. You take the initiative, set the context, listen and find compromises. You push for clarity. You are hard working and accountable
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g620oq-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.