Associate Director Of Publicity
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY
The Public Relations Senior Manager is responsible for driving consumer, as well as some trade publicity for Hearst Magazines brands, including but not limited to Women's Health, Men's Health, Prevention and other brands within the portfolio of Hearst's magazine brands. This person will work to build buzz and excitement around our brands on both the editorial and business sides and will also contribute to larger initiatives and projects within Hearst and offer support to other magazine brands.
The ideal candidate will be creative, strategic, social media-savvy, highly organized, able to quickly prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will have a track record of generating positive results in consumer press and trade media, comfort and confidence when interacting with senior executives and solid relationships with reporters and producers. Good judgment, attention to detail and the ability to plan ahead and meet tight deadlines are essential.
The candidate must have a keen sense of trends and newsworthy opportunities, as well as a deep interest in health, fitness, women's issues, and current events, and a proven track record of developing brand identity and elevating visibility.
What you'll do
• Promote brands via consumer and business press, including brand extensions, print and digital initiatives, partnerships, and events.
• Proactively work with editors, senior staff, and the publishers to generate ideas that will generate buzz and create traction.
• Create and maintain meaningful relationships with editors, bookers, publicists, and agents
• Develop and maintain relationships with key media across digital, print and broadcast in the lifestyle, celebrity/entertainment and health and wellness categories.
• Conceptualize and develop written materials, including press releases, briefing materials, pitch letters and other communications.
• Build media lists and create comprehensive coverage reports.
• Pinpoint and secure speaking engagements and event opportunities for brand executives.
• Provide on-site PR support at brand events.
• Support the team on as needed basis.
Who you are
• You have excellent media contacts
• You have strong writing skills
• You have a deep understanding of the media landscape, including magazines, digital, and social
• You are results-oriented and have a positive attitude
• You're able to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects
• You have a bachelor's degree
• Passion for health and wellness a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkke38-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.