The Good Housekeeping Institute is looking for a motivated, self-starter to join its team as a Senior Editor & Analyst. Reporting to the Institute Director, this individual will work closely across all Lab teams to produce best-in-class, science-backed content across print, digital and social channels with an eye to maximizing content reach, demonstrating GH Institute authority and further building on our phenomenal SEO and commerce success. The ideal candidate will be excited about working on a wide range topics, from home to wellness to tech to parenting, and have a proven ability to create engaging and compelling stories, overseeing all stages as needed from ideation through to the end result. In this role, you will manage and contribute to every part of the story process, including product testing, writing and editing as well as assigning and managing freelance contributors, story packaging and workflow.
For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do
• Pitch, manage and write content for all platforms that supports and reinforces the brand's mission and trusted voice. This could include but isn't limited to longform features, special reports and packages, product reviews and roundups, listicles, galleries, service explainers, video scripts, event copy, awards copy, surveys and more.
• Edit staff- and freelancer-contributed stories for print and digital with an eye toward clean, search-optimized copy that highlights the testing and product expertise of the Good Housekeeping Institute.
• Ensure all content is voice-y, search-optimized and smartly packaged, meeting all deadlines and handling feedback in a positive way.
• Manage the editorial lineup, content workflow and a roster of freelancers.
• Work cooperatively and collaboratively with photo, design, copy, research and video teams to optimize stories for excellence in all areas.
• Represent GH at industry events and conferences, locally and nationally, if possible.
• Manage consumer research projects and surveys as needed.
• Stay abreast of industry trends, current affairs, breaking news, key conferences/issues and general outreach. Stay on top of breaking news, consumer alerts, trends, new products, and the latest buzzy stuff happening in the product space.
• Lead product tests as needed to support GH Institute across categories ranging from home, appliances, tech, kitchen/cooking, cleaning, wellness, parenting, nutrition and more, including idea generation, product sample procurement and prep for in-lab and consumer testing, getting product samples ready for consumer trials, liaising with PR contacts for images and fact-checking.
• Other responsibilities as needed in order to meet the magazine's daily, weekly and monthly deadlines and keep the team functioning smoothly.
Who You Are
• You have a minimum of 5 years' experience in editorial strategy and execution, working across broad mix of output channels.
• You have strong editing, reporting and writing skills with expertise testing consumer products.
• You are a strategic thinker with a strong service-journalism sensibility who is able to push the envelope when it comes to packaging.
• You have a talent for digging up the coolest and most interesting products, as well as finding original reporting angles when it comes to consumer news.
• You are someone who understands analytics, and can translate them into editorial action - familiarity with Google Analytics, Looker, Skimlinks, or similar reporting tools is key.
• You are a whiz when it comes to SEO and affiliate commerce best practices.
• You are a team player who is proactive, organized, enthusiastic, and deadline-oriented, and is willing to pitch in whenever needed.
• You're able to juggle competing tasks simultaneously and work collaboratively across multiple teams with proficiency in time- and project-management.
• You are obsessed with science, technology, consumer products, research methods, data, analytics, storytelling, social media, publishing, trends and news.
• You have a degree in science, research, engineering, journalism, communications or other relevant credentials.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r719oq-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.