Very Local Studios, Hearst Television's national production outlet, is responsible for the production of great branded and episodic content across the country and has an opening for a Post Production Coordinator. As a Post Coordinator, you will act as the primary contact across all phases of post production and ensure our team successfully delivers within an approved schedule, and technical and budget parameters. This position reports to the Post Production Supervisor, and works in concert with the Supervisor, acting as the bridge between productions and internal teams to anticipate challenges, problem solve and communicate expectations and Studio needs.
People who excel on this team are positive, kind, self-motivated, flexible of thought and able to juggle multiple responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and a drive to problem solve.
• Assist the Post Production Supervisor in vetting post production budgets and schedules to ensure each show has the resources and plan to deliver content of the highest quality.
• Coordinate the onboarding process of editors/freelancers to the ecosystem of Very Local tools including assisting editorial teams with best practices.
• Track projects in the pre-production phase in anticipation of those projects coming into post-production.
• Track and manage post schedules, keeping leadership apprised of status as well as anticipating and problem solving potential roadblocks.
• Requesting and obtaining assets such as graphics, music, and archival videos and photos.
• Maintaining the organization and allocation permissions of files on cloud-based systems.
• Coordinate and manage the viewing of cuts for all shows.
• Digital Asset coordination and delivery for internal and external teams.
• Identifying, sourcing, and booking freelance talent.
• Coordinate Post Production Workflow calls.
• Coordinate and attend key creative approval sessions such as final mix playbacks, color correction reviews and legal clearance reviews.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 3+ years experience as a Post Supervisor or Post Coordinator in an unscripted series.
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment supervising numerous projects in various states.
• General knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud systems including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Ability to adapt to new workflows and work with project management tools.
• A high attention to detail and an obsession with organization.
• The ability to prioritize and respond accordingly.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to multitask.
• Proficient in Mac and PC environments.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Google Apps suite.
• Remote work on a broadcast or streaming series, video editing and knowledge of AirTable a plus.
• Able to work independently or with a team.
• A quick, willing, and curious learner.
• A good attitude! Our work family and positive culture is everything to the Very Local Studio team.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8pzek-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.