The Washington Bureau of Hearst Television is seeking a producer with a strong editorial voice and logistics skills to join a team that provides coverage for the 33 Hearst affiliates across the country. This person is part of a producer team that provides an average of close to 70 hits each weekday for our stations.
• Story, content and element selection for daily coverage that reaches across the country.
• Assisting reporters with show packages and segments, working on various elements such as conducting and logging interviews, gathering video and producing graphics.
• Working with station producers to help showcase and highlight bureau offerings
• Booking and producing reporter live shots, monitoring news feeds, and video for reporter packages, updates, and single station live shots.
• Producing big event coverage for the bureau, as well as booking interviews for reporters, and booking guests for segments.
• The producer also oversees group breaking news needs, helping to coordinate live shots and feed material from our stations.
• This person also assists with coordinating and booking satellite time for our stations as well as long-term planning for major events
• Qualified candidates should be able to react and adapt to breaking news while coordinating 5+ hours of continuous live coverage.
• Candidates should have at least 2 years producing newscasts and extensive writing experience.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter to be considered.