- Full Time
Job DescriptionLocated in the scenic Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market, WPTZ/NBC5 is the leading source for the latest local headlines and live alerts. If you are motivated by working with a talented award-winning team of professionals, look no further! This is a unique opportunity at a station with real momentum in a beautiful part of northern New England. Best of all, you'll become part of Hearst Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country.
This position will cover news stories as assigned.
Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound.
• Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
• Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
• Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
• Maintaining standards for all edited material.
• Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
• Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
• Experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
• Military on-air producing experience will be considered.
• Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere is a plus.
• Must be able to handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
• Knowledge of current television production techniques.
• Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
• Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
• Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
• Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
• Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
• High School Diploma.
• Some college or technical school preferred.
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp10v0-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.