Market Editor, Elle Decor
New York, NY
Who We Are
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest online content creators and publishers in the world, with iconic and innovative brands that reach more than 150 million readers and viewers every month in the United States alone. But we're more than just our iconic magazines, such as Cosmopolitan, Harper's BAZAAR, Esquire, ELLE, Popular Mechanics and O, The Oprah Magazine. Hearst Originals is dedicated to creating and distributing original video content for all platforms. Hearst Originals continues to experience record growth across its slate of episodic digital series, including ELLE's ''Song Association,'' Harper's BAZAAR's ''Go to Bed With Me,'' Men's Health's ''Gym & Fridge,'' O, The Oprah Magazine's ''The OG Chronicles,'' Delish's ''Iconic Eats'' and the popular lifestyle YouTube channels, Clevver News, Clevver Teve and Clevver Style.
Our Executive Producer, Hearst Magazines Digital Video will spearhead creative and physical production for our long running, successful celebrity franchises across Hearst Magazine's portfolio of iconic brands as well as work on emerging expert and non celeb talent content across platforms with an emphasis on YouTube. You will collaborate with the Entertainment team and audience development teams to produce and cultivate new and existing talent for projects. Throughout the process you will ensure that our premium videos innovate, our curated talent resonates, and we meet ambitious goals.
What you'll do
• You'll juggle multiple brands, projects, schedules, talent reps and series in various stages of production and constantly monitor the digital landscape for new talent and trend in short-form and social video that might work for Hearst
• You'll work with audience development, Entertainment teams, and video producers and editors to select talent , produce, review/note, and publish videos across the Hearst Magazine portfolio of Youtube Channels to meet ambitious goals
• You will use your technical, editorial and creative storytelling expertise during all stages of production.
• You will be working with digital leadership to develop and iterate on Youtube video strategy and guidelines
• You will grow and lead a team of dedicated shooters, editors, producers and storytellers to work supporting a number of platforms with an emphasis on YouTube .
Who you are
• You have 6+ years' experience in video, with at least 4 years working in digital and two years working on Youtube
• You have experience leading a team of 4+ people
• You are comfortable in a collaborative, matrixed organization
• You have worked on Youtube video growth and are passionate about the opportunities of the space
• You are known for strong leadership and organizational skills and an eye for talent (both behind and in front of the camera) and polished, compelling content
• You believe that data can be used to make your work better and you have a strong foundation and experience in incorporating analytics into workflow
• You have experience with Youtube Analytics, CMS, etc.
• You are a problem solver who sees the whole picture of the project starting with the logistics to the finished product and optimizing metadata for maximum views and engagement
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxneq-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.