The Early Career Recruiter is a new role and an exciting opportunity for someone to build a successful early talent recruiting and development program. You will acquire an extensive understanding of Hearst Television's core roles and programs. In return, you will excite early career talent and students about their career with Hearst Television. You will identify target colleges and universities across our 26 markets and act as our liaison to attract students and recent graduates. You will build relationships with hiring managers across multiple functional areas, grow a strong understanding of our brand and develop a diverse pipeline of early career talent to fill a variety of roles. This role requires in-office presence, on-campus attendance, and willingness to travel.
• Research, recommend and implement recruiting plans for designated schools, universities, HBCUs, diversity partners, etc.
• Develop long-term business relationships with college professors, deans, career planning and placement staff, student leaders and alumni of the specific college or university
• Campus and early career recruitment management; responsibilities include but are not limited to sourcing, screening, interviewing, and formulating and extending offers
• Ensure a strong awareness of employer value proposition at targeted schools, universities, and other partners
• Serve in a consultative manner with managers and candidates
• Collaborate with hiring managers, internal recruiters, and the HR team
• Candidate management – acting as the main point of contact (champion) for students throughout the campus recruiting process and at hiring events
• Host on-campus events and activities
• Develop internal recruiting events
• Supervise all facets of applicant tracking via our system, with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness of data collected and submitted
• Support internal Fellowship and Internship programs
• 2+ years of professional experience in either campus recruiting, program management or other HR related areas.
• Military Experience will be considered
• Ability to demonstrate and support a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Extremely flexible with the ability to easily shift priorities with a positive and can-do personality and work style
• Ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality, exhibit integrity and work well under pressure
• Ability to persuade and influence business leaders and exhibit the confidence to make solid recommendations on strategies and hiring recommendations
• Passion to work with early career talent
• Knowledge of resume databases and applicant tracking systems
• Familiarity with social media sourcing
• Desire to stay abreast of sourcing strategies
• Excellent networking and communication skills
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reqo27-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.