Des Moines, IA
Archive Technician (Part-Time)
Hearst Television in Des Moines, Iowa is looking for a part-time Archive Technician to assist with the digitization and cataloging of KCCI's vast tape library.
• Digitize multiple ¾ inch, Beta and DV tapes at once
• Monitor decks during digitization
• Archive paper data
• Spot check digitized clips using a virtual portal and assist with titling
• Knowledge of broadcast operations in a TV station
• Some experience in a TV newsroom is preferred
• Detail-oriented worker
• Ability to work independently
• Knack for problem solving
• Strong work ethic
• Passion for archival materials
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.