Speakers - Event Manager
New York, NY
Talent Relations is responsible for building community and establishing the talent experience for HBO and Max's producers and actors. The team acts as a liaison between the company and its most valued asset, its talent. This team seeks to build and strengthen relationships via talent dinners, wrap parties, various cast appreciation tactics, set visits, festivals, premieres, awards campaigns, and gifting. The team also partners with all Warner Bros. Discovery divisions to promote and engage with talent for large-scale corporate initiatives, guiding and weighing in on when, for what, and who should be utilized to achieve company goals.
• Manage talent profiles and engagement for assigned series and projects from HBO and Max while also working with the larger team on big picture projects and events across the Warner Bros. Discovery portfolio.
• Work collaboratively with internal departments including HBO and Max Programming, Corporate Comms, Publicity, International Publicity, Events, Awards, Marketing, Multicultural Marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility, Ad Sales, Distribution, and Digital Social Media to brainstorm, secure and manage talent participation across various company and project needs.
• Develop and maintain relationships within the entertainment industry, including producers, actors, Publicists, Agents, Managers, outside vendors, etc.
• Liaise with all talent, including showrunners, producers, writers, actors, documentary subjects and below-the-line crew plus top level internal executives at events to ensure meaningful facetime and depth of relationship.
• Regularly maintain knowledge of new restaurants, hotels, venues, and latest gifting trends that can be used to enhance talent experience.
• Track key moments in company talents' lives and handle gifting for special occasions including life moments, awards/honors, start & wrap of productions, condolence, and other appropriate gifts. Facilitate research, organization, purchasing, and delivery of talent gifts.
• Plan, execute, and staff talent dinners and wrap parties. Responsibilities include: securing venues, selecting menus, designing and sending invites, liaising with show productions, booking external vendors and security, while interfacing with talent and executives at the event.
• Build community for HBO and Max talent by curating premiere event guest ideas across various network shows. Apply talent knowledge and relationships to intersect individual's interests and build synergy within the Warner Brothers Discovery community.
• Attend table reads and set visits as needed.
• Oversee talent travel, both commercial and private, including flight, hotel, and car reservations and troubleshoot fast-changing schedules and delays that can disrupt travel and arrivals.
• Create comprehensive talent itineraries that may include air, hotel, cars, greeters, hair & makeup timing and event details for the annual Upfront presentation, festivals, conventions, award shows, panels and premieres as well as help with overseeing RSVP lists.
• Manage hotel room blocks for major awards shows, premieres, conventions, festivals, or other events.
• Disseminate awards-related information to talent reps, including RSVPs, ticketing, event details, etc.
• Cover events onsite, overseeing talent arrivals and departures, ticket distribution at premieres, award shows, festivals, conventions, etc.
• Forecast and track all talent costs and adhere to approved event budgets.
• Negotiate & track spending for hair, makeup, and styling.
• A minimum of 6 years of work-related experience. Publicity/agency/studio/network experience a plus.
• Ability to interface with all levels of executives and talent.
• Must be a diligent, detail-oriented worker who is efficient, can multi-task and creative problem-solve, and not be afraid to ask questions.
• Has vast knowledge and interest in the entertainment industry.
• Possess a positive personality that appreciates a challenge and can work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be a self-starter that excels at working collaboratively.
• Always professional and maintains composure, particularly in stressful situations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Willing to travel.
• Ability to work some nights and weekends.
• Proficiency in Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Zkipster and Google Suite.
• Event experience is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2exj2-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.