Reporting to the Credits Team, this position supports the BA Credit Department which handles the credit process on all HBO and HBO Max productions. This position interacts with the internal studio departments, and producers on shows, from pre-production through delivery. Great opportunity to learn the big picture of media entertainment from the network perspective. Working with a dynamic, busy team in a fast-paced environment.
• Handle guild paperwork as it relates to the credit process re: DGA, WGA and SAG compliance
• Help keep the Credits Department updated and organized by tracking all HBO talent obligations for HBO Series/ Limited Series/ Original Films/ Acquisitions/ Licensed Co-productions/ Max Originals.
• Liaison with productions and advise and guide on guild paperwork.
• Draft WGA notices, DGA waivers
• Keep team's forms, processes and templates and tools updated
• Understand/learn the Guild obligations for screen credits and paid advertisements, with the goal of supporting VP and Director's approval of all screen and paid ad credits.
• Work with HBO Post-Production to help credit department meet shifting delivery deadlines.
• Credit Obligations Memo
• Compile information for credit memo of all HBO & HBO Max negotiated obligations for talent, guild & tax incentive obligations. Provide Photo Services a breakdown of photo approval obligations.
• Maintain an extensive archive of precedents and procedures vis a vis credits and talent agreements. Provide examples to BA and Legal Executives when requested.
• Do a preview approval of press material for Publicity and Media Relations; work closely with Publicity/Media Relations on clip and still requests; confirm and provide credits for awards submissions.
• Track Tax Incentive On-Screen obligations.
• Support team with WGA/DGA/SAG credits and restrictions; electronic distribution of WGA notices, compiling and sending materials in an arbitration.
• Participate in Pre-production and Post-production ''Guild Paperwork'' start-up calls.
• Complete with Manager's supervision, the WGA Weekly worklist; WGA Deal Request Forms, and other WGA administrative needs. Work with Awards staff to verify writers' information.
• Help obtain DGA approval on all credits; Track DGA waivers when requested by filmmakers/HBO.
• BA/BS degree and 1-2 years of experience in Legal/Business Affairs or Post-Production
• Familiarity with entertainment law, comprehension of TV Production and Post, acute attention to detail and a proactive, project-driven personality.
• A vital understanding of the entertainment industry, the role of contractual/guild obligations and the importance of maintaining HBO/ Warner Media's high standards in the business.
• Ability to work independently and proactively with strong organizational and time-management skills in order to manage multiple projects.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills are essential.
• Comprehensive experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Office software.