ABOUT THE ROLE:
Bleacher Report is seeking an App Programming Strategist to be responsible for developing and overseeing content and programming strategy for B/R Walk-Off's MLB coverage. He/She will meaningfully contribute to B/R's MLB programming strategy on creation, curation, packaging and distribution.
B/R Walk-Off App Strategist is responsible for finding engaging sports content for B/R's mobile app and website. He/She is tasked with covering breaking news, sending push notifications and curating content and fostering in-app communities. They will also own projects, execute push notification plans and run event coverage around key tentpole events throughout the MLB calendar.
• Own strategy for MLB and B/R Walk-Off brand push notifications, in-app experience and event coverage on the B/R app
• Craft push notification and curation plans around tentpole events, breaking news, viral moments in sports and culture
• Work with stakeholders across the Turner Sports landscape to develop new, engaging content ideas
• Help utilize B/R's voice as you plan content distribution across the app and desktop
• Build and curate MLB communities within B/R app, help develop conversation
• Passionate baseball fan, 4-6 years of professional experience preferred
• Experience in leading small teams and/or projects/events
• A keen awareness of Bleacher Report's voice. When breaking news happens, be expected to know how B/R reacts on multiple platforms
• Well versed in the world of baseball Twitter. Knowing the top sources for scoops and top fan voices across various communities. Monitoring major sports sites, and other social aggregation tools are examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis
• Possess strong writing, communication, editing skills. Graphic experience is a plus
• Experience with analytics platforms preferred. Video editing (WSC/Clipro) experience a plus
• Willingness to work nights and high-leverage weekends
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9b3o7-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.