Home Box Office, Inc. seeks an Acquisition Coord for the HBO General Inc.-Production Services department.
The Acquisition Coordinator will be responsible for tracking content for HBO linear broadcast, Subscription Video On Demand and streaming (HBO Max) services. This includes but is not limited to the receipt and verification of media files for HBO and HBO Max original scripted programming, sports, documentaries, specials, and independent licensed acquisitions. The Acquisition Coordinator will work with both internal and external teams and stakeholders including third party vendors and others to ensure the timely delivery of final program masters, redeliveries and spot files, and enhancements (Closed Captions, Subtitles, audio tracks) for preparation for platform distribution.
• Create purchase orders and coordinate the delivery of closed captioning, subtitle, foreign language dubbing, and audio description materials with third party vendors and update internal stakeholders of their receipt and availability within departmental storage.
• Verify the acceptable receipt of master video files from both internal and external post-production teams, coordinate the scheduling of these files for quality control, coordinate with vendors for redeliveries as needed, and ensure all stakeholders are provided up to date information.
• Utilize internal tools to create and deliver watermarked video work-files for third party vendors and create broadcast master files.
• Utilize internal tools and applications to capture pertinent technical specifications, production/quality control notes, and any other essential documentation from production teams and/or licensors.
• Utilize tools and applications to track metrics, progress, delivery schedules, and other benchmarks for vendors and department management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and quickly re-prioritize
• Ability to excel in both autonomous and collaborative work environments
• A motivated self-starter who expresses a willingness to learn new skills and stay current with broadcast technology trends.
• College degree required; major or minor in Media or Communications preferred.
• 3-5 years general office experience required; experience in film and video production preferred.
• Practical experience in film and video production or post-production is desired.
• Excellent computer skills required; experience with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets or Smartsheets required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7ob7-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.