KFDA-TV NewsChannel 10 is the #1 rated television station and CBS affiliate in Amarillo, Texas. We serve an audience of 250,000 people across more than 30 counties in the Texas Panhandle, as well as parts of Oklahoma and New Mexico. We offer live news and other programming on three analog channels and are always expanding our digital reach with dotcom, mobile apps and social media.
The Digital Content Producers manage all of our digital platforms, including our website, news app, weather app, OTT apps and social media platforms. Digital Content Producers fill each platform with local, regional and trending news. Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, organized, able to work independently and can complete multiple tasks while meeting several deadlines. Candidates should be able to write in ap-style and copy edit other newsroom employees' stories. Digital Content Producers have the daily responsibility of maintaining NewsChannel 10's standards for journalism and storytelling in their work, as well as monitoring NewsChannel 10 talent social media pages to ensure they follow these standards as well.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Gather information for stories through viewer messages and local social media pages
- Write daily stories for each digital platform using ap-style writing
- Share content that is relevant for our audience on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Conduct Facebook live videos with meteorologists and reporters
- Copy-edit web story submissions from reporters and other newsroom personnel
- Livestream events using station technology on our website and social media platforms
- Monitor comments and messages on NewsChannel 10 social media platforms
- Monitor NewsChannel 10 talent professional social media pages
- Create unique content such as memes, videos and graphics for social media posts
- Ensure that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- A degree in communication, journalism or related field
- Strong communications and people skills
- Competitive, energetic, self-starter who wants to win
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and enjoy a fast paced environment
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
KFDA-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv3qvj-3-239-119-61-42 in your application.