Senior Product Manager
FOX News Media is looking for a Freelance Technical Director to join their team in Washington, DC As the Freelance Technical Director, you will be at the heart of live breaking news. We are the team that ensure all visual elements produced seamlessly in a high-pressure 24/7 news environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Switch fast paced productions seen throughout the Fox News networks
• Offer creative suggestions that enhance show productions
• Collaborate with graphic department and editorial leads as new shows are developed
• Organize and maintain switcher files, visual effects and other peripheral devices equipment associated with TD area
• Demonstrate technical ability to troubleshoot and understand video workflow
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Three to five years' experience as a control room Technical Director in a live news environment
• Knowledge of switchers, DVE's, Device controllers, and Video Server
• Excellent control room demeanor, proven leadership skills, team-first attitude and the ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment
• Flexibility and willingness to work weekends and any shift in a 24-hour time period and breaking news environment
• A desire to learn new technologies, processes and/or procedures as they are implemented
• Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the field
• A strong interest in current events
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Knowledge of SONY switchers, DNF controllers, Nexio servers, and Ross Overdrive automated production control system
• Firsthand experience partnering with some of the best directors in TV news
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw89ej-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.