Fox News is looking for a Production Coordinator with excellent logistical, organizational and communication skills to join our NY team. You are a friendly, energetic, positive customer service-focused individual who has an interest in show production, budgeting, and remote field production.
You will be working with the departments that deliver broadcast-quality interviews and live shows to multiple platforms. As the Production Coordinator, you will partner with our teams of Production Managers, Operations Managers and editorial teams to coordinate all facets of planning remote shows and news coverage as well as assisting with booking travel and expense reports. You will be assisting in all aspects of the productions from concept to completion - site survey planning, scheduling, travel, and budgeting to list a few and ending with post remote meetings that involve all stakeholders.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create and manage a calendar of production and news events and be responsible for updating a larger group weekly
• Administrative liaison between Field, Production & Crew Operations when appropriate
• Produce organized and effective presentations and proposals under tight deadlines
• Book travel and submit expenses
• Travel with the Production team to oversee load in's and out's, and help manage onsite needs throughout each event
• Lead the Production team on the vendor payment process systems
• Create efficiencies in all areas of our Production Department with a specific focus on future planning and calendar of events
• Work closely with department leaders to create uniformity in business processes, tracking and resource allocation for remote shows
• Learn the internal expense systems and vendor payment processes
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of professional experience
• Strong logistical, communication, and event planning skills
• Customer service-oriented mentality
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
• Desire to learn current transmission technology, including IP, terrestrial, microwave and satellite distribution
• Desire to be part of a team balancing several projects at one time with equal attention
• Be a self-starter who can work independently, as well as in a collaborative team environment
• Must be willing to travel and work nights and weekends as needed
• Be responsive to the 24/7 cable news cycle on a moments notice
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4je31-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.